9/7/11

Old blogs

 I copy and pasted from my other blog, pictures and all-  so I hope this works.

~fascinating old photos~

I was looking at one of my favorite old photo sites – http://old-photos.blogspot.com/ and saw these photos of the Happy News Cafe.


1937

Blogger says “I am surprised that by the “No Smoking” sign. I guess they were ahead of their time.” I agree.
diner
Happy News Cafe in Washington DC. Blog says “Interesting that the sign on the door on the left says there is a ladies dining room upstairs. I am not sure why women would be seated separately at this time.”


1937

“The picture above shows Elder Michaux working the cash register. Eldoer Michaux was a very early black evangelist, who  was the first black person to host a TV show.”
There is a sort of mystery surrounding these photos of the cafe. Was it a charity soup kitchen type place, and of so why are the customers in the photo dressed so nicely? Go to the blogsite for the whole story and to see the enlarged photos.
Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Message for All Household Members

I don’t mean to be so serious, but seriously! Nobody around here seems to understand the gravity of the situation. It may be partly the fact that it doesn’t deem important enough to the one(s) I plead with, get upset to myself over, exasperated with, and just plain losing respect over. It IS a big deal- …to me. If you, or someone you know, are a member of a household, this message is for YOU.

Look, In order to facilitate goodwill at home we need to be aware of a thing I like to call Ten-Second Acts ‘o’ Thoughtfulness.
The idea here is that there are many small thoughtful things that one can do that make running a home so much smoother that it would shock you how much of a remarkable difference it could make on how we regard each other at home, and how we continue to get along well. Some of these things may include spraying cleaner inside and swabbing out the toilet occasionally. Cleaner and brush are kept conveniently next to the toilet, 10 seconds! Changing the roll; less than ten seconds maybe, but OH what joy it spreads! Now you probably get the idea. It is fun to do little things around the house and see if it can be done in ten seconds. FUN I say!!!
Now, obviously I felt compelled to compose this article for a reason, that reason being that one or two of my own household members have and continue to have a couple of very annoying habits to the one who has to do most of the everyday cleanups. I have apparently no hope of changing them or their annoying habits, so in order not to go off the deep end, I do things like compose articles warning others about the consequences of not heeding my warnings! Heed!
Simply, if you want to make Mama or anybody else you care about at all happy then please, PLEASE just take your dirty dish to the sink, run a little water in them at least, if you are too busy or unable to wash the dish yourself. Things like that. Things Mama MUST have nagged at you about in her own way. Nagging did her no good either.
If you would like to help the people in your life, just please give this simple Ten Seconds ‘o’  Thoughtfulness idea a thought. Do it for the ones you love.
Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Adorable Pet Scam

Adorable Pet Scam:

If you see a chance to enter your pet’s photo to be voted on and possibly win $1000.00, don’t bother.. you’ll just get one of these the same day…

Bella has been selected for the
After
reviewing Bella’s photo, our Editorial Committee chose
YOUR PET to be featured in the 2010 Edition of The Most Adorable Pets In America!

Here’s what I found when I Googled this book:

http://www.buzznet.com/groups/ohhaikitteh/photos/?id=88383511

(please copy and paste link above- Windows link thingy seems not to work properly)
Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Playing With Photos


Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Home on the Range (the shootin range!)

Look Out "Bambi’s Mom"!
AWW TOO LATE.

There are also other wildlife who are in danger…

OHH NOOOO.. looks like it’s too late for them too.
(This is beside the Scuba Store out here at the lake. Guess it’s a shootin range huh? One where you can bag a pseudo-rhino or a faux moose)
Posted in Uncategorized | 2 Comments

Update on Bella and Batman

Cutest Adorable cuteness EVER!!!!!
Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Osage burial mounds on our property?

The picture’s real hard to make out. Traditionally the Osage Indians (they
lived here) buried their dead on high mountaintops and they believed
that if the sun shined on the funeral, that spirit would get to pass on
to a higher place, but if the sun didn’t shine on the funeral the dead
was to be reincarnated as an owl and fly the forest forever (we have
owls) Hooty hoot.. I thought it would be a good idea to be buried up on
the west mountaintop (which is legal to do here). I kind of entertained
the idea that the Indians used it for burying since it is the highest
most accessible mountaintop. Haven’t been up there in 2 years so today
we went and saw all the tree damage from the ice storm. We walked the
fence line and I noticed all these mounds on the other side of the
fence, this is just one of about 10 I think I saw. They’re on the west
side of the western mountain, so that would be sunsetty right? From the
top we can see her farm. Snicker. Hand me my telescope. There is a
panoramic mountain view up there. There are gnarly old trees that were
marker trees from when the Indians tied twigs down so the grew pointing
at springs. I posted photos of some on an earlier entry.
Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

No comments:

Post a Comment