10/27/12

Treasures

Asa Walter and Genie Pearl Hart
Right after Mom's funeral, some of us moseyed down the road a piece to check out my grandson's  GGGrandfather's old store building. Maybe I AM a trespassing thief for salvaging stuff from the ruins of my great grandfather's store building, but it was all in the DIRT, so... this is what we found. An incredibly intact crock jug with a spout, and the ancient cork still in it. Three awesome soda bottles, one of them my favorite root beer, Barq's. An old rusted door hinge, and a pack of Air Mail envelopes,  that cost 19 cents when new. The THRILL of knowing my own great grandfather most likely handled these items.
A.W. Hart and sons, C. 1910




Soda Bottles


Amazing jug with cork.
Potter's Thumbprint

Door Hinge
Air Mail Envelopes



It is a miracle that I have these things.

1 comment:

  1. I think this so neat. Relics from your past are strong memories, especially whenn they were once owned by your loved ones. These are precious, and maybe one day you can hand them down to Micah.

    ReplyDelete